WHAT IS IT?
Data Attribution: The analytical process of determining which touchpoints of the customer journey deserve credit for a conversion or desired action. It’s how a patient comes to know you or your service. Attribution measurement is not a science, but a philosophy or a form of thinking meant to prescribe action.
THE CURRENT LANDSCAPE
- Almost 60% of consumers expect their healthcare digital experience to mirror that of retail
- 80% of consumers have used the internet for healthcare-related searches in the past year
- Over 60% choose one provider over another based on a strong online presence and reputation
- 98% of Americans switch between mobile devices in the same day
- Almost 60% of web traffic and activity now originates from mobile devices
CONNECTING THE DOTS
Fifteen years ago, the average consumer typically used two touchpoints when buying an item. Today, no two journeys are the same. And almost every new consumer-patient™ journey:
- Begins online
- With many touchpoints
- Accessed through multiple digital channels
This cross-channel journey creates marketing attribution challenges that can in turn upend your Revenue, ROMs and ROI calculations.
THE CROSS-CHANNEL JOURNEY
If you think about how healthcare is delivered, it’s on an ad hoc basis. Someone comes into a hospital, someone comes into a pharmacy, someone comes into a doctor. But beyond those touchpoints, the patients are on their own. There’s no real continuity of care. —Chris Viehbacher